We believe in investing in the future of Radiology and the future of our youth. In doing so we ensure that student radiographers and sonographers gain as much training and experience while completing their studies through the University of Johannesburg (UJ).Both radiography and ultrasound are 4 years bachelor’s degree courses, practical on the job training is provided during the 4-year period. In the first year students are at class from January till June and from July onwards to the completion of their studies they will be at work for 2 weeks for practical training and then at university attending class for 2 weeks. DRS is accredited with UJ as a training facility for the above studies.
The bursary includes the following:
- All tuition fees at UJ
- Prescribed textbooks
- Vaccinations for Hepatitis/Tetanus
- Monthly allowance – for sundry daily expenses.
- Performance incentive for distinctions obtained at year end.
- Work back period of 32 months (8 months for each year of study) applies.
Have I got what it takes to apply for the bursary?
The following subjects and minimum levels are required to qualify for these studies at UJ:
- English Level 5
- Mathematics Level 4
- Life Sciences Level 5
- Physical Sciences Level 4
- Minimum APS – 30 (Exclude Life Orientation when calculating APS)
Why should I choose DRS for my training/studies:
DRS has seven branches and our students are rotated through all branches/hospitals. This will maximize their experience with different modalities and examinations to expose them to:
- A larger variety of examinations
- A larger variety of different types of patients (culture, race, age etc.)
- Different management styles of team leaders
- Dedicated clinical tutors
- Tutorial sessions
- Bursary awarded
- Quality and experienced trainers